The Universal M1 Carbine

This is the forum to discuss your classic US military rifles from the beginning of the age of smokeless powder through WWII.
Niner
Site Admin

The Universal M1 Carbine

Postby Niner » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:15 pm

I got one of these from the same shop at Point Clear, Alabama that is connected to the guy on the Antiques Roadshow who speculates on the values of old firearms. This was several years ago that I bought it, and I paid too much for it at the time, considering it was a civilian version made after the war and even though I paid about half of what a "real" M1 can be bought for now days. However, I found this site the other day that offers a lot of information. And this could be, in itself, a collectible firearm.

Seems the early ones...and mine is an early one, had many surplus actual military parts. If you have one check out this site. They were "improved" as well over the years as you can see by checking out the information at this site.

http://www.m1carbinesinc.com/carbine_universal.html
Niner
Site Admin

Re: The Universal M1 Carbine

Postby Niner » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:32 am

rice paddy daddy

Re: The Universal M1 Carbine

Postby rice paddy daddy » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:43 am

Thank you, niner. My first Carbine was a Universal, which I still have. It has since been joined by a USGI (Inland 1943) and an Auto Ordnance.
Gun snobs look down on the Universal, but mine has never let me down.
There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
Winston Churchill
Member: VFW, Vietnam Veterans of America, American Legion, Society of the 5th Infantry Division

Return to “US Military Rifles”