Site has had server failure problem

Members please check here for useful information about site features. New members introduce yourself here as your first post if you like.

Moderator: Niner

Niner
Site Admin

Site has had server failure problem

Postby Niner » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:33 pm

There was a server failure and the present site reconstruction was not gotten to without incident. You will note error messages frequently. You will note the image upload isn't working. The repair situation has been examined and it will take some time. Stay tuned.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Site has had server failure problem

Postby Niner » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:23 pm

Until it is fixed don't use any of the buttons in the html bar. If you do it will give you a message saying you have a message content problem and your message will not post.
Niner
Site Admin

Postby Niner » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:26 pm

Got a bogus email today saying the site had been hacked and that I had to remake my password. If anybody gets one of those it was not from me. The site wasn't hacked and nobody has to change their password. The problem was with a server and with the format of this board being not up to date. Don't answer or open any such email. Your login hasn't been compromised.

The repair hasn't begun yet. There has been a delay. Things should change shortly.
joseyclosey

Postby joseyclosey » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:04 am

Thanks for the warning and update Robert.
Niner
Site Admin

Postby Niner » Tue May 07, 2019 12:11 pm

The site problem continues. The fix is beyond my ability to correct. The site may still be fixed in the coming months so that you don't see those annoying error messages and the much missed by me attachment upload features may be added back. The whole problem centers around a catastrophic failure that involved both the prime server and its back up. On restarting the site from saved data the phpbb updates couldn't be applied because there now exists a computer language problem that has to be resolved. That's why the multi string of error message at the top of post strings and the fact that you can't upload images. It's a killer to the site I know.

If you are a registered member of the board you can still post here in a new post or in response to any previous post or post string. Just ignore the error script. And type slow.

I'd guess, at the moment, that the repairs may be made by the end of the summer. I know... the site will have to do some work to get the site off life support and back alive again when it is back together again and fully functioning. Wish I could put a call out for Melisandre of Asshai ....the "Red Witch".

Return to “Welcome and Announcements”