Carcano replacement stocks and handguards

This forum is for all other rifles and hand guns that we have an interest in. They need not be of military origin nor C&R.
Rogue6

Carcano replacement stocks and handguards

Post by Rogue6 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:11 pm

Hello, I'm a new member here and have enjoyed browsing some of the posts.

I recently acquired 3 Carcano carbines, each slightly different than the other, two in 6.5mm and one in 7.35mm. I believe they are a M38 short rifle, a M91/38 short rifle, and a M38 Cavalry Carbine. The first two have "sporterized" stocks but are otherwise in issue condition, while the last is unaltered.

I know the Carcanos are not really very popular but I would like to restore the two with the cut-down stocks. However, I have been unsuccessful in locating replacement stocks for them, although Springfield Sporters has replacement handguards. Numrichs and SARCO do not seem to have them. Does anyone know of any sources for stocks? Thanks.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Carcano replacement stocks and handguards

Post by Niner » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:25 pm

SARCO shows a cabine stock for $75! Wow. I bought a complete rifle for less than that about ten years ago. There must be a better source. Wonder what they would want for a full rifle stock if they had it?

http://e-sarcoinc.com/carcano41shortrif ... ignew.aspx

Welcome to the site.
Attachments
Carbine
Carbine
Rogue6

Re: Carcano replacement stocks and handguards

Post by Rogue6 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:45 pm

Ouch. You're right, that's spendy. Might be able to find a parts gun for less than that.