The Play Offs

This is the place for thoughts that you want to share about nearly anything that comes to mind. Politics is ok as well. All notions and opinions are the view of the poster and not this site. Just remain civil in whatever you wish to express.

Moderator: Niner

Niner
Site Admin

The Play Offs

Postby Niner » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:02 pm

Anybody watch Philly and Chicago? Talk about your agony of defeat. I really feel for that Chicago field goal kicker. Bounced off the upright and off the cross bar too...the wrong way.. after the Eagles coach called a last second time out on the first try that went right down broadway. :loco:

Next week the Eagles have to see if they can get past my team New Orleans.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: The Play Offs

Postby Niner Delta » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:01 pm

I have been sort of watching the NFL again, the local Seahawks are out of it now. Was glad to see
the Chargers win, and sad to see the Bears lose. The Bears center #65 is the grandson of a close
friend, I never met him but my wife did, while he was still playing for Kansas State. So I cheer for the Bears.

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner
Site Admin

Postby Niner » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:26 pm

I was cheering for the Bears too. They really had a turn around this year.

In about another half hour THE GAME...and yes I'm shouting... comes on. The college national championship will draw viewing numbers that will eclipse any of the playoff professional games. Hope Alabama can play focused the whole 60 minutes.
Aughnanure

Postby Aughnanure » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:33 pm

Have been unable to post, this is just a tryout.

Ignore if you read it!!
Self Defence is not only a Right, it is an Obligation.

Eoin.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Postby Niner Delta » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:53 pm

Well, that Alabama game didn't end well did it, most were probably expecting them
to beat Clemson. I guess it's true what they say about football... "on any given day......"
The U. of Washington Huskies lost their bowl game, too................. :(

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner
Site Admin

Postby Niner » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:44 am

My take is, I think Alabama coaching...or the lack thereof... played a large part in Alabama taking a nose dive. Sabin was caught lacking staff as good seasoned coaches had been lured away to other schools and he was relying on people who were filling the gaps but weren't up to the task. I think Alabama hit the panic button early and choked from then on out. And... it would have helped if Alabama had recruited a field goal kicker.

Oh well..... wait until next year.

Return to “Shooting the Breeze”