The evil that was

This is a place for veterans of military service to remember and reflect. War time or peace. Any service.

Moderators: DuncaninFrance, Niner Delta

rice paddy daddy

Re: The evil that was

Post by rice paddy daddy » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:19 pm

I have found that my life is more peaceful if I refrain from reading or watching anything about Vietnam. I am a student of WWII history, however.
There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
Winston Churchill
Member: VFW, Vietnam Veterans of America, American Legion, Society of the 5th Infantry Division
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:08 pm

No problem rice paddy daddy. It would be a hell of a world if everybody thought and felt the same about anything.
riptidenj
Contributing Member

Post by riptidenj » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:53 pm

I like to read about Vietnam, not so much to relive as to understand. I maintain that much of the Vietnam bungle was the result of having political leaders who weren't as smart as they thought they were . One thing that I have learned form my readings on Vietnam was that our relationship with the South Vietnamese was a lot like the Axis of WWII, it was not much more than a partnership between the Heads of State, not a true alliance such as we had with the UK in WWII.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:26 pm

I kinda think of it as a domestic dispute down at the trailer court.....and a do gooder passing by decides to take sides and starts beating the bejesus out of the common law husband while the common law wife eggs her on until the do gooders husband comes along and drags her home where she belongs. Then the common law wife got the beating and gave up the fight and peace returned to the community

......more or less. :loco: