Recent Tapatalk mass emails

This is the forum for general Milsurp gun topics that don't fit some place else.

Moderator: Niner

How do you feel about Tapatalk emails?

Reflects solicited or unsolicited complicity in the sites that Tapatalk presides over.
No votes
Makes me think, falsely, that someone has responded to a string I posted in and following.
14%
I love getting them.
No votes
It's just junk mail. Means nothing one way or the other.
57%
It's crap and I hate the spam.
29%

Total votes: 7
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Recent Tapatalk mass emails

Post by Niner » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:48 pm

Maybe nothing. What I wonder about is how closely they follow their "members". Got another one of those emails this morning. Looked at the terms of service. If you read it closely it looks like they gather a lot of information about users and probably finds a way to sell it.

https://www.tapatalk.com/privacy-policy.php

If anybody is interested in knowing, my site doesn't gather and sell information about anybody who is a member.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: Recent Tapatalk mass emails

Post by Niner Delta » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:04 pm

Well, they finally found me through a site to order reading glasses, that I never ordered....
And yes, I did click the "unsubscribe" at the bottom, but I have done that on other sites and
they always say it may take UP TO a few weeks for the emails to stop...... :evil: :evil:
Guess we'll just have to wait and see..... :roll:

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.