I don't know what the real answer to crazy mass killers is

Place to discuss gun laws around the world and general observations about the legal aspects of collecting in any country.

Moderator: Aughnanure

Niner
Site Admin

I don't know what the real answer to crazy mass killers is

Post by Niner » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:56 pm

I think that maybe we should start by not highlighting their names in the news. This would be a good start. Try and convict in a closed courtroom. Don't give their name at all to the press if it is possible. Might discourage the next crazy. Or. .... maybe have them drawn and quartered or burned at the stake at half time of a football game to discourage the next crazy who wants to do another mass shooting. So maybe that's a bit extreme. I take it back. But... saw this ... and thinking about the latest ban guns stuff in the news as a mistaken remedy for a problem that nobody has an answer to. ...it gives me pause to wonder why this is never part of the gun argument in the news.
Attachments
Clipboard01.jpg
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: I don't know what the real answer to crazy mass killers is

Post by DuncaninFrance » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:10 am

Guns don't kill people - PEOPLE kill people......................
Yes, I know it has been said many times but it IS true.

So part the gun from the person and what happens. The person who was going to kill with the gun would likely kill with something else - a truck, a car, an ax, a knife, a bow, a bomb,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Seems to me that nuts who use guns in this way are usually identifiable well before they act but no one is prepared to take the responsibility for confronting them and removing their ability to either purchase guns or if they already own guns, removing them. This is an observation that can be leveled at countries other than the US as well. Being an international group we know to our cost that this is true.

Stuff the individual's human right to bear arms in a case where they look to be threatening other peoples human rights.
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:17 am

I think the don't give the name in the news tack would be a good start however the means of killing. It would take away the motive of being infamous. Saw this story on the news this morning in which one "expert" is thinking upon that line.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2018/0 ... xpert.html
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:48 am

I can just see the press taking a lot of notice of that idea :roll:
Duncan

You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner Delta

Post by Niner Delta » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:36 pm

I live in Washington state, sadly it's run by liberals, and we have some stiff gun laws, and
they are adding more. Already in this state, almost every gun sale, even family, needs a background check,
they wanted to close the "gun show loophole"..... idiots.
Looks like in the next couple of days the legislature will pass a bump stock ban. Probably next
on their agenda is raising the age to 21 to buy a gun, and after that it will be hi-cap magazines.
A pox upon them all.......... :mrgreen:
And with so many guns in this country already, I'm not sure if there is a real answer to crazy killers...... :(

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:42 pm

So what do you colonials think about the National Rifle Association facing a backlash as corporate giants drop links with gun lobby group?

Just asking, not taking the piss..............
Duncan

Niner Delta

Post by Niner Delta » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:23 pm

Well, it certainly is going to be hard on the NRA financially, but not sure how hard.
I have one of the credit cards that is being dropped, although I haven't heard anything
from the card company itself.
So it's like always.... wait and see what happens......

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:21 pm

I don't think it will do anything to the NRA except get the rank and file to donate more money to them. Hertz and others not giving any pretend free discounts to members won't discourage anybody from being a NRA member. The biggest hurt will be if anti gun groups get to the politicians ..like Rubio in Florida about taking NRA money and maybe get them worried about the voters that may or may not vote for them next time around because of anti automatic gun hysteria.
Niner Delta

Post by Niner Delta » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:33 pm

Article in today's paper about the NRA not donating a lot of money to a politicians campaign
directly, but more money to letting members know which ones to vote for. So not looking like
they are actually buying the politician, just getting them elected. And I see Dallas balking at having
the NRA national convention there next year. I'm sure the NRA will suffer some, but it won't put
them out of business. "Like a kidney stone, it too shall pass.".......... :mrgreen:

Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:08 pm

Delta Airlines....one time bankrupt, but airlines only screw their stock holders and hardly ever go actually out of business....so not really, have been looking for a revival of a tax break on fuel in Georgia where their headquarters is located. But the other day, when they did the feel good politically correct thing and dropped a NRA discount ticket perk, found out they may have stepped on their own dick. Politicians in Georgia find supporting gun rights important to staying in office so what would have been a slam dunk corporate feeding at public expense isn't all that sure any longer.

https://theintercept.com/2018/02/26/del ... tax-break/