GUN OWNERSHIP IN FRANCE.....

Place to discuss gun laws around the world and general observations about the legal aspects of collecting in any country.

Moderator: Aughnanure

DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

GUN OWNERSHIP IN FRANCE.....

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:13 am

Well, things have changed recently here.
The main change is that Military calibres that were classed a Cat:1 ( restricted and controlled) have now been changed to Cat 5 - or to be exact, Class C ( just need to register ownership).
All the categories that were last revised on May 6th 1995 have now been changed to new ones as of July 30th 2013 but have only recently been published. I need to do some translating work but as a 'for instance';

British .303 was a restricted category but .303 Sporting wasn't. Now ownership of a Lee-Enfield in .303 British is not restricted, you only have to notify the authorities of ownership. That goes for other military calibres too so 7.62 is easy to buy and shoot.

Must have a look round for an SLR :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: GUN OWNERSHIP IN FRANCE.....

Post by Niner » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:27 am

What about the ammo? Can you buy factory ammo if you want? Any restrictions on the components when reloading?

At least it looks like the French are on the right path of giving up some of their crazy notions about military calibers.
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: GUN OWNERSHIP IN FRANCE.....

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:45 am

Niner wrote:What about the ammo? Can you buy factory ammo if you want? Any restrictions on the components when reloading?

At least it looks like the French are on the right path of giving up some of their crazy notions about military calibers.
No restrictions on ammo, ready rolled or brass.
I just had a look at Enfields on NaturaBuy - boy have the French got some fancy ideas..............................
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.