Here's an interesting test..............

Food and Drink that we enjoy from all the places in the world where we pursue our milsurp collecting hobby. Share a favorite recipe that others may try. Tell us about your favorite wine, beer or other spirit. Cigars too.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Here's an interesting test..............

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:30 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink ... d-out.html

I appear to be;

" Unlike the hordes of Bombay-swigging Johnny Come Latelys, you are among gin's longstanding and more discerning supporters " ;)
Attachments
b0492ceb-4127-4a51-8491-3ac6a28cc6b3.jpg
b0492ceb-4127-4a51-8491-3ac6a28cc6b3.jpg (25.43 KiB) Viewed 3300 times
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Here's an interesting test..............

Post by Niner » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:43 pm

I got a feeling all answers end up the same brand of gin. I'm not much of a gin drinker but I have a feeling that to me they would all taste the same...unlike whiskey or beer.
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by DuncaninFrance » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:45 am

No they don't Robert, unless you buy the supermarket best buy own brand stuff.
I had some recently that was made from Vodka and then processed to Gin. http://williamschase.co.uk/products/wil ... tation-tin it was not to my taste :shock: but thetin is a good one :lol: :lol: :lol:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:57 am

The last mentioned has this bit of descriptive salesmanship :

Nose: Dry juniper with zesty citrus and then some warm spicy notes.
Palate: Juniper, dark chocolate and citrus zest upfront on the palate, followed by warm, spicy notes of cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.
Finish: Full bodied and robust leaving a dry finish.

Reminds me of a high dollar cigar:

The highly sought after Chateau Grand Cru Series easily ranks among the industry’s most luxurious cigars. It’ll captivate you from first glance, thanks to one of the prettiest Costa Rican wrappers you’ll ever cross. This oily, chestnut-hued leaf conceals a superior blend of Nicaraguan, Honduran, and Costa long-leaf tobaccos secured by a flavorful Ecuadorian binder. Expect a rush of toasty, woody nuances supported by earth and a subtle (but savory) touch of black cherry. The finish is sweet, and lingers long on the palate, completing a wonderful sensation for the senses.

I remember reading about how Ernest Hemmingway while on some African adventure had a mishaps of some sort, I can't remember what, that caused him some broken bones. He was taken on some difficult longish trip to medical attention. To ease his pain he drank Gordons Gin and found it wonderful as an anesthetic. When I buy gin.. about once a year...probably less.. I buy Gordons. It's cheap and if I break something I'll drink it on the way to the hospital.