The lingering fad of summer

Food and Drink that we enjoy from all the places in the world where we pursue our milsurp collecting hobby. Share a favorite recipe that others may try. Tell us about your favorite wine, beer or other spirit. Cigars too.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

The lingering fad of summer

Post by Niner » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:38 am

There is this company called Yeti. It made it's mark making up scale ice chests that became popular with the fishing and hunting and camping crowd. Then it started making these drink containers and the in crowd flocked to them starting a couple of years ago.

I was in a store not long ago and saw a large display of yeti drink holders of various models. I remembered the assertion that they were the best available for keeping drinks cold and how everybody who was anybody wanted one. Then I thought of my wife who likes her beer to rest in the freezer before drinking until it becomes just short of a block of ice and likes it to remain that way even though it may take her more than a half hour to drink one. So... I plunked down the pricey $29 price for one of them thinking maybe she would like it. I have a tendency to drink my beer before it gets warm and had no need for it.

My wife was not impressed. It seemed to make the drink too heavy to hold for patio sitting. But it does seem to keep in the cold better than the $2 zippered bottle sock.

I won't be buying any more of them. One for curiosity is a complete lifetime supply.
Attachments
one.jpg
2.jpg
three.jpg