Lebel R35 Carbine

The country that avoids war and the country that fights but has a hard time winning have been combined. The Swiss made some excellent firearms and the French made some unique and occasionally inspiring ones. We have added the Belgian and Dutch since they are neighbors.

Moderator: ArchFluffy

PeterN2

Lebel R35 Carbine

Post by PeterN2 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:06 pm

I had a look at one of these last weekend. It wasn't in too bad a condition, used but serviceable with matching numbered bolt. I would expect quite a muzzle blast with one of these with military ammuntion as it is quite a short little thing. Were many of these made, as this is only the second one I have seen? I tried to buy it, but the dealer is hanging on to it until he gets another, as he has been test firing it and likes it.

Regards

Peter.
1886lebel
Sustaining Member

Post by 1886lebel » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:30 pm

Only about 25,000 were converted into Mousqueton d'Artillerie or Cavalerie Mle.1886 M93 R35 which was done by Manufacture d'Armes de Tulle with assistance of S.A.C.M. (Société Alsacienne de Constructions Méchanique).

These weapons were known for very violent recoil especially with Cartouche Mle.1932 Balle N.

All of these were converted during the period 1936 - 1939.

Patrick
Vive la République Française, le Lebel et le poilu
Verdun 1916: "Ils ne Passeront pas" "On les aura!"
Fusil d'Infanterie Modèle 1886 Modifié 1893 dit "Lebel"

Vive le Pinard !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axfM1sFqIK0