I do think that one of my recent postings is missing here...

The country that avoids war and the country that fights but has a hard time winning have been combined. The Swiss made some excellent firearms and the French made some unique and occasionally inspiring ones. We have added the Belgian and Dutch since they are neighbors.

Moderator: ArchFluffy

Guisan
Contributing Member

I do think that one of my recent postings is missing here...

Post by Guisan » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:39 pm

And without a decent explanation that was my last one here...
Niner
Site Admin

Re: I do think that one of my recent postings is missing her

Post by Niner » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:50 pm

We have a few rules here. Not a lot . Just a few. If you click on that banner that says Milsurp After Hours you can read them. Here are a couple of parts to pay attention to:

"You will note we have neither sponsors nor a “buy and sell” forum. Problems with other sites, or posts of outrage as a result of any buy or sell transaction, will not be allowed. If you want to sell something or start a group buy, this is not the board for it."

"No overt sell or trade posts of any kind are permitted unless specifically allowed in advance by an administrator."

You did not technically start a "group buy" here but said there is one at another site you invite people here to join. Since you have your own retail business, and since you are the one who had the product made, and since you offer the product for sale, you are actually making a business proposition of your own and presenting it as a "group buy" in a post at another site that you linked my readers to. The clearer rule you ran afoul of here was the one that says you can't sell anything without permission. You didn't ask permission. So your post was deleted by myself without an explanation.

If you had asked in an email or PM I would have explained what the rules are without public notice. Since you assert you may never post again, I'm sorry to read that. You have made many good posts here. But.... I'm not changing the rules.
Guisan
Contributing Member

Post by Guisan » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:54 am

I had these made to solve a problem for the long rifle shooters and not to get rich of it, of 11 forums where I posted this group buy this is the only forum that deleted it, a pitty that Swiss forums can't be one family and a pitty for all those that shoot 17" high at 100 yards.
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by DuncaninFrance » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:45 am

Pitty some members don't read and abide by the rules.....................................................
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Guisan
Contributing Member

Post by Guisan » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:36 am

Don't worry that won't happen again, I just deleted this forum's bookmark...
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:28 am

Sorry he has already left...now that I see his last post. But I would have asked him how many of the many forums he posted his for sale post in gave him permission to do so before he posted it?

At least he didn't have the problem my old work friend, the Jehovah's Witness, had. He used to go out every weekend to knock on doors and seek out fellow souls to save and if a door was answered he asked permission to come in. One day he found someone who actually let him in. And when he got in, he was so surprised to be inside a stranger's house he didn't know what to say.
NuJudge
Contributing Member

Guisan is enormously knowledgeable and a good man

Post by NuJudge » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:03 am

Guisan has been an excellent source of information on Swiss rifles, ammo and equipment on the SwissRifles website. He's also not seemed the sort to easily take offense.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:10 pm

NuJudge. He's not banned. He is welcome back any time. He just has to play by the house rules.

Say, NuJudge, I got a friend from some place an hour out of Detroit. He's in California for a few weeks. I was talking to him last night and he is concerned with the weather back home. He was talking about the tree limbs that fall from the ice that loads up on them and the resulting crash into power lines and loss of power. He was also concerned about not getting back into his driveway from the snow buildup when gets back in a couple of weeks and drives his car home from the airport. How's the winter going in your part of Michigan? I'm glad where I live I don't have to worry about that sort of winter problem....just hurricanes in the summer.
NuJudge
Contributing Member

Fair amount of snow, then rain, then a bit of snow

Post by NuJudge » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:53 pm

SE Michigan is not completely flat, and some of the topography north of Detroit apparently makes for them getting a lot more bad weather than I get south of Detroit. Some of the areas north of Detroit got 3/4" of ice, or more. This caused lots of lines to come down, and caused a lot of tree limbs to fall on lines, taking more down. There are areas still without power.

The impression I have is that Livingston & Genesee counties got it worst. If your friend lives there, he has reason to worry. I hope he has neighbors to look after his property.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:56 pm

He lives in Howell, which is some place West of Detroit.