ZFK55 and Happy Birthday Switzerland !...

The country that avoids war and the country that fights but has a hard time winning have been combined. The Swiss made some excellent firearms and the French made some unique and occasionally inspiring ones. We have added the Belgian and Dutch since they are neighbors.

Moderator: ArchFluffy

Guisan
Contributing Member

ZFK55 and Happy Birthday Switzerland !...

Post by Guisan » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:32 am

Leading Member

A Picture Paints and all that

Post by 24626151 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:49 am

But a few words wouldnt go amiss! ;)
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy!
http://bashingbambi.blogspot.com
Guisan
Contributing Member

Post by Guisan » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:40 pm

Well ok a few words then, On August the first, the Swiss are gathering in public places around bonfires and listen to speeches about the independence of the country from the Austrian rulers, which started with the Grütli Pact of 1291, it's a natonal day for them.

And the ZFK55 was a sniper rifle based on the design of the K31 but in many ways improved like having an extra locking lug at the rear and the magazine entering the receiver in a slooping angle to be able to load it from a charger just from the right of the scope, it's a fascinating design.

Guisan. :D
Niner
Site Admin

That is a special rifle

Post by Niner » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:20 pm

Looks like, from one book, Military Firearms by Ned Schwing, that the scope is a 3.5 power Kern Aarau. The model is the same as the year it was introduced, 1955. And the checkered pistol grip is the way it came, which I find really odd for a military rifle.

Looks like this rifle would, according to five years ago figures, be worth between $3000 and $3500 US dollars in very good to excellent condition, which this one obviously is. Of course the dollar has lost some value since publication date so I wouldn't be surprised if it wouldn't bring several hundred more if for sale.

Really something special we don't see on the milsurp forum internet. Thanks for posting it.
Karl/Pa.
Leading Member

Post by Karl/Pa. » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:02 pm

The ultimate straight-pull and one I'll never have. sigh
Karl

Medicare Life Member

Ban grated cheese. Make America grate again.
Guisan
Contributing Member

Post by Guisan » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:51 am

Interesting is that Swiss Products makes a universal mount for the ZFK55 that could be used instead of that original Kern scope, it offers the use of a wider choice of scopes for this sniper rifle...

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ ... PE%20MOUNT

Guisan. :D