1907/15 Berthier

The country that avoids war and the country that fights but has a hard time winning have been combined. The Swiss made some excellent firearms and the French made some unique and occasionally inspiring ones. We have added the Belgian and Dutch since they are neighbors.

Moderator: ArchFluffy

PeterN2

1907/15 Berthier

Post by PeterN2 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:02 pm

I thought I would try to post a few pics of my 1907/15 Berthier. I have had this rifle for about 15 years now. It looks like it was sanded with half a house brick and then covered in a varnish/shellac stuff. Who or when this was done I have no idea. French military or some Bubba? It has a nice clean shiney bore and shoots very well. It is N marked on the action and barrel.

Regards

Peter.
Attachments
Berthier full view.JPG
Berthier action right.JPG
Berthie action top.JPG
Bertier action left.JPG
Berthier muzzle.JPG
Berthier sight.JPG
Berthier sight left.JPG
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:38 am

I almost bought one of these rifles from Springfield Sporters some years ago before they went down the crapper.

They were almost certainly much below yours in condition, but the price was right.
Attachments
Lebel.jpg
PeterN2

Re: 1907/15 Berthier

Post by PeterN2 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:26 pm

I had the Berthier out on the range yesterday for the first time in a couple of years. It shoots very well but the 1948 dated French military ball ammo kicks a bit. It is good sure-fire ammo though. I only shot 14 rounds and went on to my BSA No.5 which was pleasant in comparison.

Regards
Peter.