CHANGE OF ATTITUDE & COMMITTEE !!!

The country that avoids war and the country that fights but has a hard time winning have been combined. The Swiss made some excellent firearms and the French made some unique and occasionally inspiring ones. We have added the Belgian and Dutch since they are neighbors.

Moderator: ArchFluffy

DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

CHANGE OF ATTITUDE & COMMITTEE !!!

Post by DuncaninFrance » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:39 pm

I thought I would post this as an encouragement to others in the same situation..............................Some of you might remember my rants about range safety at my club in Blaye and the fact that I and 3 friends had decided to move clubs to Bordeaux.

WELL..................the Blaye club held it's AGM last weekend and we have a new President (actually he was M. Le President up to 3 years ago) and he wants to sort the problems out and take the club forward - So far so good.

I had a call yesterday from one of the new committee (he doesn't speak English!) to ask me if I would be prepared to stay with the club from September ( renewal time) and join the committee to help sort out the range etc., He explained that he had arranged a meeting with the Mayor of Blaye to discuss the future of the club and the range in the fortresses moat ( we get funding from the council) and to perhaps encourage the Mayor to appoint a council representative to attend meetings of the club.

He then told me that he was to meet with the No:2 of the French Governing Body of Target Shooting Clubs ( who lives in Bordeaux ) to obtain some help and support for the development of the club from him too.

Well, to say I was gob smacked is an understatement but I said I would stay for another year ( saves me 50€ !) and see how things pan out. If it works like it says on the tin then we might yet have a good, safe club to shoot at, fingers crossed.
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.