Good News for French Pistol collectors

The country that avoids war and the country that fights but has a hard time winning have been combined. The Swiss made some excellent firearms and the French made some unique and occasionally inspiring ones. We have added the Belgian and Dutch since they are neighbors.

Moderator: ArchFluffy

1886lebel
Sustaining Member

Good News for French Pistol collectors

Post by 1886lebel » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:03 am

I spent quite a few hours at the gunshow here today and talked to both Eugene Medlin and Colin Doane authors of the books; The French 1935 Pistol, A concise history and French Service Handguns of France 1858-2004 about taking over continuing to publish up-dates to these books under my name and they agreed to it as they both are getting up in age and want someone like myself who is interested in this field to carry on with these books and projects. Eugene needs to contact the correct people to do this so we can get the ball rolling on it. We also discussed where I can start to work on my book on Lebel and Berthiers for a possible future publication on these weapons.
So in the future you could very well likely say ... hey I know the guy who wrote the books on French Handguns
Patrick

:FRA: :FRA:
Vive la République Française, le Lebel et le poilu
Verdun 1916: "Ils ne Passeront pas" "On les aura!"
Fusil d'Infanterie Modèle 1886 Modifié 1893 dit "Lebel"

Vive le Pinard !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axfM1sFqIK0
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: Good News for French Pistol collectors

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:47 am

Good for you Patrick, I'll take a signed copy!!
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Aughnanure

Post by Aughnanure » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:35 am

Bon pour vous Patrick, je prendrai une copie signée aussi!!
Self Defence is not only a Right, it is an Obligation.

Eoin.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:37 pm

You've been working on that book a long time Patrick. It is quite obvious you are a serious student of French military weapons of the last 150 years or longer. If you get around to publishing it you would be more than welcome to advertise it here at this site, as I have mentioned to you before.

Have you ever thought about self publishing on the cheap? One of those deals that cost you nothing and Amazon sells it for you and prints it off one copy at a time as it is ordered? A real publisher may come along if there seems to be a significant interest. There seems so many ways of publishing now days there must be some way to do it without having to fill up your basement with self published versions and taking a chance on the publishing expense.