Old colour slides

I started this forum for any collecting hobby and it turned into my camera collecting and using forum. I use it mostly to keep a record of my photo adventures. Nobody but me seems to have photo adventures that visit here....but however. I have so many cameras now that I forget which is which and which ones work and which ones don't. If you have cameras and adventures you would be welcome to post here.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

PeterN2

Old colour slides

Post by PeterN2 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:24 am

My late brother spent time in Berlin in the 1961-1962 period when he was a student. He studied German at university. He took a lot of colour slides in that period and the survivors have come into my possession. There are about 300 slides, some of family, but the vast majority are of Berlin. Some are Kodachrome in card mounts and some are Agfa in card mounts. The majority, however, are mounted in glass mounts with the slide sandwiched between two pieces of glass. I have read that it is best to remount the glass mounted slides in new plastic mounts and also that it is best to leave them glass mounted. What do you suggest is the best way of preserving them? Some are a little faded but alot are in very good condition. I have scanned a few as a trial as mounted in glass. I have not done any photoshop stuff with these.

Brandenburg Gate before the wall went up.
Brandenburg Gate.jpg
Branden burg Gate after the wall was going up in November 1961
Brandenburg Gate with wall.jpg
Closed crossing March 1962.
Closed crossing.jpg
Regards
Peter.
PeterN2

Re: Old colour slides

Post by PeterN2 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:23 am

A few more photos from Berlin in November 1961.

Harzer Strasse.
Harzer Strasse.jpg
Harzer Strasse crossing.jpg
Near Brandenburg Gate.
Brandenburg Wall.jpg
Checkpoint Charlie.
Checkpont Charlie.jpg
Regards
Peter.