Canon EOS A2e

I started this forum for any collecting hobby and it turned into my camera collecting and using forum. I use it mostly to keep a record of my photo adventures. Nobody but me seems to have photo adventures that visit here....but however. I have so many cameras now that I forget which is which and which ones work and which ones don't. If you have cameras and adventures you would be welcome to post here.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

Canon EOS A2e

Post by Niner » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:53 pm

Latest ebay film camera came a couple days ago. It's an EOS A2e from 1992 or a later. The original list price was $1200 and it was pretty advanced. The camera could read your eye and what you were looking at in four segments of the view finder. It offered a multitude of user choices and how you wanted to take your photograph from complete manual to multi auto program.

It's large and clunky... like you would expect an advanced amature to professional camera of the early 90's to be. And it was cheap. Paid $10.50 plus shipping that was more than the camera... $13.45.

Took it for a test run. The meter seemed to work fine in several different modes. Some of the special adjustments seemed to be not there.. but it could just be me not knowing what I was doing. The biggest noticeable disappointment was that the timer portrait came out less than focused. But.. there should have been an accessory to slip over the view finder to keep the auto focus on track.

All the shots came out. All of them were acceptable from an exposure standpoint and the read your eye auto focus worked as advertised.

I did get two unexposed films with it and a book that should have been with the A2 instead of the A2e.
Attachments
page.jpg
img097.jpg
img081.jpg
img066.jpg
alternate.jpg
img074.jpg
img071.jpg