Next guess after the Bronica

I started this forum for any collecting hobby and it turned into my camera collecting and using forum. I use it mostly to keep a record of my photo adventures. Nobody but me seems to have photo adventures that visit here....but however. I have so many cameras now that I forget which is which and which ones work and which ones don't. If you have cameras and adventures you would be welcome to post here.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

Next guess after the Bronica

Post by Niner » Wed May 17, 2017 4:44 pm

Got my money back for the Bronica that didn't work...including the shipping. Did a buy it now for half what I had spent on the Bronica on a Mamiya C3 Professional that was advertised as seeming to work. It came today. Everything actually does seems to work as it should.....actual joy on hold pending actual camera use. Minor brownish crude on the cover on one side. Somebody had reglued the cover and used what is some nasty looking brown paste. This is a all metal beast...heavy and seems to be built like a tank. It has a 135mm lense that is a "portrait" lens. The normal lens would be probably about 75mm. Lenses are easily changeable with this camera.
Attachments
front.jpg
left side.jpg
rightside.jpg
back.jpg
500.jpg
45.jpg
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Next guess after the Bronica

Post by Niner » Thu May 18, 2017 11:35 am

And..... it's a bust. Film advance lever locks up at third exposure every time. Must be a gear problem of some sort.
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by DuncaninFrance » Thu May 18, 2017 2:16 pm

To be honest Robert, I would have gone after another Bronica or Hasselblad. The TLR you have there is a very awkward bit of kit to use. :cool: :cool:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Thu May 18, 2017 2:34 pm

That's what interested me. There is nothing comfortable to use about it at all. Nothing says clunky like a "professional" camera from 1962. But ...if everything had gone well.. the curiosity value would have been worth the clunky.

I already got my credit card refunded and I don't have to mail it back. Another bullet dodged. Now what's for the third act of this comedy?
deadin
Site Sponsor 2016

Post by deadin » Thu May 18, 2017 4:30 pm

Film advance lever locks up at third exposure every time. Must be a gear problem of some sort.
That's probably why the side covering had been removed and replaced......
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by DuncaninFrance » Fri May 19, 2017 5:53 am

If you want to send m,e the Bronica I'll pay the postage :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Fri May 19, 2017 12:36 pm

The Bronica I sent back. The Mamiya they didn't want back. Saves me the postage. However.,... saw this how to fix video. No sound. Looks like lots of screws, washers and other bits and pieces Outside of filing off some of one part and jiggling another, I have no idea why the one arm of the L shape has decided to bind and the file is fixing it. And.... on the camera I have, why is it binding only on the third exposure and not the first or second if it's this L shape lever that is binding?

Maybe I'll take this video instruction and try to duplicate it and see what happens. :loco:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gxjVPXejAE
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Fri May 19, 2017 6:11 pm

I tried to follow the silent movie in the previous post. Nothing fixed by filing down the L shape piece.
Attachments
side.jpg
all.jpg