Chilling out

This forum is for topics about the bolt action Mauser rifle from any country of production.

Moderator: joseyclosey

ArchFluffy

Chilling out

Post by ArchFluffy » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:09 pm

Another Mauser post. I'm doing spring cleaning and want to support the forum. :D

This is my 1895 Chilean Mauser. The Chilean '95 is essencialy a '93 with a fun addition. Now be kind, I get my info on the internet so it might not be 100%. :roll:

Ida (the rifle) has an extra safety feature. You can see a "shoulder" sticking up right behind the bolt handle (in closed position). This was only supposed to come into play if the two lugs on the bolt sheared off. In later Mausers an extra lug was added to the bolt so this was just a tiny entry in history.

-ArchFluffy

joseyclosey

Re: Chilling out

Post by joseyclosey » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:29 am

Looks good to me Arch, is it a Loewe, Berlin manufactured rifle?

Joe
ArchFluffy

Post by ArchFluffy » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:18 am

Joe,

That's exactly right.

For any of you out there looking for a fun different angle on collecting give the South American Mausers a look.

as a side note: I love love love Swiss rifles, but I have to admit (and whisper at that) that the 7x57mm round has become my favorite. But don't tell my Swiss rifles that ;)

-ArchFluffy
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by Niner Delta » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:12 pm

I hope you reload, as I haven't seen any 7x57 for under 70¢ a round lately, too spendy for me....... :shock:
I still have my friend's 'sportered' VZ98n and have been on lookout for ammo for him.
:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
ArchFluffy

Post by ArchFluffy » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:05 pm

You're correct, ammo is getting hard to find. I don't reload this round but it might come to that.

I used to buy this ammo and 7.65x53 milsurp in boxes. Some here, a bunch there, it was always around at shows or online cheap. Not so much now. :cry:

-Fluffy