Gun show

This forum is for topics about the bolt action Mauser rifle from any country of production.

Moderator: joseyclosey

Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Gun show

Post by Niner Delta » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:55 pm

Went to a small (only kind they have where I live) gun show today, all the usual overpriced stuff.
Ammo sure is expensive. Very few milsurps, one SKS for $450, a few Enfields, one 91/30 for $100,
and lots and lots of black guns.
A guy walking around had a Mauser for sale, looked good, nice condition, good looking stock. I asked him
if it was a original German K98 and he said that it was all original German made. Now I don't know a lot about them
so I looked it over, the crest didn't look right but it did have K98 stamped on the side of the receiver and some
other word that didn't look German to me. He wanted $300 for it and I almost bought it, but decided I didn't need
another size ammo to buy. When I got home I looked up the crest online and it was obviously a Yugo Mauser, with
the little star on top of the crest, he was lying through his teeth. Whatever, it was still a nice rifle, not sure of the
price of a nice Yugo Mauser, but as much as I wanted a Mauser, I've decided not to get one.
:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
ArchFluffy

Re: Gun show

Post by ArchFluffy » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:58 am

Gunshows around here seem to have fewer misurps than they used to. They also used to have surplus ammo stacked up and priced to move.

-ArchFluffy
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: Gun show

Post by Niner Delta » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:35 pm

I checked the surplus ammo at the show and it's still cheaper to buy online, even with
the shipping........ :(
Same for the new steel case for my SKS.
:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.