Flickr

Links to sites that give focused information about milsurps and related topics. Anyone can post their favorite such sites.

Moderator: Niner

DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Flickr

Post by DuncaninFrance » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:20 pm

This link shows you how to recover any images that you have stored on Flickr BEFORE the change the rules on January 8th 2019.

For Mac.

https://appleinsider.com/articles/18/11 ... CGH1WJofHg

For PC.

https://www.wikihow.com/Download-Images-from-Flickr

I have about 1600 images on Flickr at the moment :evil: :evil:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
joseyclosey

Re: Flickr

Post by joseyclosey » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:35 pm

I have hundreds of images on photobucket but the faff on to recover them is painfully slow and laborious, I gave up at the finish. My patience and tolerance with people and "stuff" gets worse the older I get.
Cest la vie I guess. :cool:
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:19 pm

Photobucket was a fool me twice operation. It screwed over a lot of "free" users years ago. Then a few years ticked on and, perhaps with some new owners, Photobucket seemed to regret running off potential customers. They came back again with free to use with limitations. Then a few years back pulled the rug out again in a way that seemed a bit like blackmail. Lots of sites, including this one suffered some image loss because of people using it to link images. People who had saved lots of digital images were surely screwed.

Now days I encourage people to use the totally free site image up load in posts. That way, for as long as the site lasts, the images last.
joseyclosey

Post by joseyclosey » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:10 pm

Yep I use the site upload now, it's a doddle.
Joe