A day at the range with the daughter

This is a place to post about the classic Russian bolt action rifle.

Moderator: Miller Tyme

RGRWJB
Sustaining Member

A day at the range with the daughter

Post by RGRWJB » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:55 pm

The 19 yr old daughter wanted to go shooting at the Paul Bunyan range today in Puyallup, Washington. The daughter had her Winchester model 75 .22 with her while dad fired a “SA” stamped Russian 91/30 which was a 1936 dated Izzy. I thought I would also try some Chinese 7.62x54R ammo as well as 1980s Russian ammo in this old 91/30. I shot the rifle for a group at 100 yards and obtained a group slightly under 2”, but a little high. I then shot at a rock at 200 yards and the ole gun was hitting point of aim.

I also brought along a Chinese TT pistol in 7.62x25 with Chinese issue ammo. As my daughter she fired away, her Dad tested the Chinese gun. I was impressed with this pistols grouping at 50 yards and found also it shot out to 200 yards. I had to use a bit of hold over on this rock but I struck it several times.

Great day with the daughter and some good shooting guns.
tuco
Contributing Member

Post by tuco » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:02 pm

Sounds like a fun day. It is good to get younger people into shooting and I think it GREAT you took a young lady out to shoot. I am sure she is a great gal and that is nice you got to spend time with her.

What date is the Chinese ammo? Some Chinese ammo is outstanding in Finns but it also seems later made ammo can be touch and go.
Co-Author
Finland At War
www.gunboards.com
www.mosinnagant.net