Fun day............

The forum for comments about auto rifles with military connections.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Fun day............

Post by Niner Delta » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:33 pm

One day last week my buddy and I took our SKS's up to the woods for some fun.
He has a 1967 Paratrooper (short barrel) Chinese one that looks new, I couldn't believe
it was that old when I checked the serial number. I had an extra Red Star receiver cover
and 4x32 scope we put on his rifle that fit very tight, so we grabbed 310 rounds, a table
and a couple of folding chairs and some water filled plastic jugs..........and off we went.
Quickly zeroed the scope on his SKS and started on the jugs, the first hit is always the water
exploding :lol: , then making them dance. There is a slope where we set the jugs and we were
using 20 round mags, laughing like idiots while making the jugs dance all over the hillside.
We were only at about 50 yards and with scopes were mostly making hits, haven't had that
much fun in a long time, much more fun that paper targets. Finally ran out of ammo and
wished we had taken more, we will next time........ :mrgreen:
Am extremely impressed with my Pachmayr Decelerator chicken pad, my neck was not even
sore the next day.
:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
joseyclosey

Re: Fun day............

Post by joseyclosey » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:48 am

Sounds like a good day out Vern, must be nice to just go out in the woods to do a bit of shooting. :D