1895 Nagant to the range today.

Forum for collectible handguns from whatever country.

Moderator: Niner

Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

1895 Nagant to the range today.

Post by Niner Delta » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:58 pm

Had a lot of fun with it today, went through a box of 50. Very odd looking shells.
The pistol worked flawless, the spent shells literally fell out of the cylinder.
Am posting the last 21 rounds that I fired from 25 yards, seated, using a sandbag rest.
And no, there are not 21 holes in the target, 3 rounds had a mind of their own. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Also see the .22 forum, took some pics of the range.

Vern.
Attachments
DSC00306.JPG
:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: 1895 Nagant to the range today.

Post by Niner » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:26 pm

Mighty fine shooting Vern. I never shot any actual Nagant ammo in my Nagant pistols. I always have shot 32 S&W Longs. Just too cheap to buy the right ammo, I admit. However, Century sold me a Nagant that they advertised as being modified to shoot 32 S&W Long... and at a higher price..... but I've since figured out that somebody was not telling the actual truth, either Century or the guy that sold Century the goods. At the time I paid a large $84 instead of $49 on the unmodified version , both delivered. Guess I wasn't screwed long term though....even with the deception. I have some Kodak and American Airline stock that screwed me a hell of a lot worse actually. And everybody likes Kodak and American Airlines, right? :oops:
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by Niner Delta » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:43 pm

That is a 12" target, so it's pretty big. I think I paid about $29 for a box of shells, probably gone up by now. Still have a box left, may hang on to it. :mrgreen:
Mine has a 1914 date and all numbers match, not forced, but the commies scrubbed most of the Romanov crest off.
Bought it at a gun show for $75 and had to buy my accessories on ebay.
It was a lot of fun, but the trigger pull is so hard that I have to shoot it single-action.

Vern.
:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:56 am

I shoot mine single action too, even though double action by design. Some of the Nagant pistols were single action to begin with.....I think they were for buck sergeants. Officers got the double actions since they had the muscles in their trigger fingers from playing with themselves.....so I understand anyway. But you can shoot yours for about a third the price if you use the S&W long ammo. The cases will be a little hard to eject after firing.....but easier on the cost factor. Now...from a safety factor.....don't take my word for it since you can't believe half the crap you read on gun nut sites as a general rule. :roll: