PRK non-concelled carry legality.

Forum for collectible handguns from whatever country.

Moderator: Niner

spearedum
Leading Member

PRK non-concelled carry legality.

Post by spearedum » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:28 pm

This month I'm looking for a CA- legal C&R semi-auto pistol, but the newest thing in San Diego County is citizens carrying their pistols on their hip- unloaded! I can have fully loaded mags in my other pockets, but as long as the peace hasn't any ammo, and it is out in the open it's legal!

Some Maks are legal (?), but some not allowed! The mags can only be 10 or less rounds. CZ-52's are alright, but some CZ's are verboten; I blew-off the cheap CZ-52, and I'd hate to pay double for the same pistol. I'd like to find a good deal (aren't we all!) on a cheap but good C&R pistol.

Any good deals on chaps and spurs! :lol:

Thanx Dante' :CA: :salute:
"We do not stop laughing because we grow old;
We grow old because we stop laughing!"

Objects in mirror are closer than they appear: DRIVE FASTER!!!
I found the mirror at a wrecked race car at California (AAA) Speedway
Niner
Site Admin

Re: PRK non-concelled carry legality.

Post by Niner » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:55 pm

You want to carry a pistol , unloaded, on your hip? I never would have figured California would have gone for that anyway.
spearedum
Leading Member

Post by spearedum » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:06 am

NO, but it is a start too straighten out the crazy laws in PRK! And you can also carry the ammo.
I am interested in a C&R CZ-52 like pistol for fun at the range. I normally shoot rifles with my right hand & eye,
but I'll need to shoot the pistols with my left hand holding the grip; I don't know if this will be a difficult change, because I seldom shoot pistols.

Do you aim with one eye or two with pistols, or does it depend on the shooter?

Thanx, Dante' :CA: :salute:

DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by DuncaninFrance » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:09 am

Niner wrote:You want to carry a pistol , unloaded, on your hip? I never would have figured California would have gone for that anyway.
What is the point - you going to buttwhip someone :shock:

As for pistol shooting, I shoot right handed and sight with my right eye. I half close my left which helps maintain the focus in my right- try it and you will see what I mean. :razz:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:59 am

I sight with my right eye and keep my left open like Duncan.

I don't think there are any really cheap C&R pistols that are automatic out there at the moment. However, if I wanted to carry a C&R pistol that I expected to shoot somebody with, that would be within the round capacity, I'd select a Makarov. The East German Mak's are C&R but you can find some Bularian Mak's that aren't C&R that might still be found for under $200.... maybe. I paid $150 for one a couple of years ago. I paid that much for the East German a few years before that, although now people are asking and getting several times what I paid for it.
Attachments
IMGP3357.jpg
spearedum
Leading Member

Post by spearedum » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:05 pm

I'm talking about the crazy laws in PRK... carrying an unloaded pistol is OK, but carrying a loaded piece is illegal;
although you can carry any number of loaded mags- as long as the mags are 10 rounds or less.
If needed, I can load weapon in two seconds and blow um away! 10 rounds is 10X sufficient.

I don't want to carry a pistol, but eventuality buy a California legal, 40cal, 10 round mag. Glock 22.
I'm right handed- I lost part of my right hand in Nam, so I'll need to hold the pistol in my left, and steady it with my right hand.
I uselessly shoot with my right eye, but with the pistol I'll need to change to my left eye, or can I point the piece with both eyes open?

Dante' :CA: :salute:

Objects in mirror are closer that they appear:
DRIVE FASTER (found in race-car wreckage)

Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:38 pm

I guess you should do some pistol shooting and see what works. I know my left eye is dominant even though I'm right handed and do things right handed ..mostly. However, I can shoot a pistol either hand and prefer to shoot a bow left handed. I only feel comfortable shooting a rifle right handed though.