GAO Report on Concealed Carry Permits - by State

Place to discuss gun laws around the world and general observations about the legal aspects of collecting in any country.

Moderator: Aughnanure

Karl/Pa.
Leading Member

GAO Report on Concealed Carry Permits - by State

Post by Karl/Pa. » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:15 am

This report was generated in July 2012 by the Government Accountability Office (GAO). I find it quite telling that the report is titled "GUN CONTROL" with a sub-title of "States’ Laws and Requirements for Concealed Carry Permits Vary across the Nation"

The report includes handgun permit statistics nationwide, by state as well as reciprocity and requirements to obtain a permit in each state.

The report is available in the attachment, or you can view it directly on the GAO

http://www.gao.gov/assets/600/592552.pdf

Notice that this report is in the form of a response to Sen. Feinstein's inquiry. In my judgement she is the leading opponent of CC reciprocity legislation. I haven't read the report yet, but no matter what it says (or how beneficial it may be to us), she now has statistics from GAO she will likely point to on why reciprocity is dangerous and the worst thing since bin laden and global thermonuclear war. Keep an eye on what she does with this....
Karl

Medicare Life Member

Ban grated cheese. Make America grate again.