New match and agreeing upon rules

This is the forum for general Milsurp gun topics that don't fit some place else.

Moderator: Niner

Niner
Site Admin

New match and agreeing upon rules

Post by Niner » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:14 am

The new match, to be shot beginning as soon as we firm up the rules will be shot with .22 rifles at 25 yards or meters using either iron or scope sights.

Now the details.

1. What target?

2. How many rounds?

3. Any position to fire...seated, prone, standing, etc., OK?

4. Any other question that needs discussion.
joseyclosey

Re: New match and agreeing upon rules

Post by joseyclosey » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:10 am

If its a standing comp I would suggest 5 rounds on each of these Dorchester tin hat targets.....

Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:40 am

I posted two suggestions yesterday but later got to thinking one was too large and the other too small so I deleted the posts. For my two cents worth I think what Joe suggests is the target we need.

Joe's target can be saved to desktop and printed. It produces 2 three and a half inch circles. That would look to be what we need.

I am fine with keeping the contest standing as a requirement and five rounds each is fine too.
Attachments
desk.jpg
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:22 am

I did find this other choice as a free online download. Each circle target is three inches across and the concentric bands are smaller and number from 5 to 10. It's made for the kind of distance we are talking about. What Joe suggests is fine with me however. In his suggestion, each target circle is a half inch larger than this set. This target could be an alternate choice, though.

http://www.reloadbench.com/pdf.html
Attachments
IMGP2025.jpg
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:27 pm

Just because I could... I wanted to see what the targets would look like at 25 yards. I measured off 25 yards and took a snapshot with the targets scotch taped to the tailgate of my truck. It won't be all that easy to shoot a good score...particularly standing with no support. Pretty sporting contest for somebody with actual better than average marksmanship ability.

Click on the photo to open it up and then click again to get the best idea of the view.
Attachments
DSC01993.jpg
Dave 101
Moderator Sponsor 2011,12,13,14

Post by Dave 101 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:43 pm

I would be happy with either target , standing is fine with me . If we are doing this say once a month theres no reason not to change targets or position and include some sort of bench rested shooting for those that are unable to participate in an unsupported position . as time goes on if members are in agreement and still want to participate it can be kept fluid and open to new ideas , stops us all getting lazy .
Will we be scoring in or out ?
For the interest of others it would be good to see a few picies of rifles with the target and the ammo .
I would probably shoot each month with a different rifle just to test my abilities and get a comparison of guns .
Is there a time limit for the ten shots ?

Dave
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:20 pm

Not to make a long drawn out thing out of this I put up a new poll on picking the target from the two now suggested. First one to reach six votes more than the other wins....or leading choice by Saturday night US time.

While at it, I made another poll as to if only standing is allowed.

Be sure to vote in both if you are interested in participating in the contest.