Muzzle Covers

The country that avoids war and the country that fights but has a hard time winning have been combined. The Swiss made some excellent firearms and the French made some unique and occasionally inspiring ones. We have added the Belgian and Dutch since they are neighbors.

Moderator: ArchFluffy

ArchFluffy

Muzzle Covers

Post by ArchFluffy » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:34 am

Keeping you covered!

The Swiss used muzzle covers for their rifles. Here are some pics that help to show what you might be looking for to compliment your Swiss rifle.

These first two are good for your K31 or K11. There are two versions - brass and aluminum. The brass one is more commonly encountered. Aluminum was used when brass was more important for other war type things. The covers are not numbered to match a rifle but if you have a K31 made during the war years then aluminum could be appropriate.

Here is a pic displaying covers for the older long rifles. Note also that an aluminum version also exits for (what is called in this pic that I found and did not create) M1911 and M 1896/11

In all these cases the front sight has something snapping over it so it gives a visual reminder that the cover is still there. Also, the covers can all be shot away without damaging the rifle. Good for the rifles and inattentive/lazy shooters. ;)

I hope this helps at least a little! :SWI:

-ArchFluffy
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: Muzzle Covers

Post by DuncaninFrance » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:49 am

Just found this company,https://www.libertytreecollectors.com/p ... efault.asp Bought a cover for $26 delivered to France.
SwissSchmidtMuzCover.JPG
They seem to have a good selection of Milsurp bits as well as other stuff :cool:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
ArchFluffy

Post by ArchFluffy » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:17 pm

Looks perfect!

-ArchFluffy
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by DuncaninFrance » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:39 am

Arrived yesterday - only 8 days from order to delivery.......... :SWI:

Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
ArchFluffy

Post by ArchFluffy » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:23 am

Another accessory falls into place.

Now if the rifle would just arrive! :SWI:

-Fluffy