K11

The country that avoids war and the country that fights but has a hard time winning have been combined. The Swiss made some excellent firearms and the French made some unique and occasionally inspiring ones. We have added the Belgian and Dutch since they are neighbors.

Moderator: ArchFluffy

blackisler
Moderator Sponsor 1911,12,13,14,15,16

K11

Post by blackisler » Thu May 11, 2017 4:36 pm

Well just bought myself a K11 just have to wait for it to arrive will post pics when I get it
live life for today as tomorrow may never come
Niner
Site Admin

Re: K11

Post by Niner » Thu May 11, 2017 10:10 pm

I'll bet even money yours arrives before Duncan's. :loco:
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by DuncaninFrance » Fri May 12, 2017 4:07 am

It might BUT it's from an ad in NaturaBuy so coming to me for onward shipping so he had better behave or I will own 2 Swiss rifles :lol: :lol: :lol: (Actually I will because it will be registered to me :cool: ) :pirate:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Fri May 12, 2017 10:46 am

In the US if you buy a firearm for someone else , not kin to you, it's called a "straw purchase" and could be breaking the law. .....hmm.... European firearms laws have a few cracks in them that haven't been filled yet it seems. Interesting.

I've wondered about that straw purchase stuff. It always assumes that the transfer is part of a transaction entered into from the get go to do something nefarious; like buying a firearm for someone who is legally forbidden to own a weapon for some reason. But in the US, even if all parties are eligible to own a firearm there could be a problem if the end receiver is hidden from the seller. But that isn't completely understandable to me as to where the evil lies or becomes self evident.....unless the end owner is a forbidden to own a weapon or is intent upon doing some crime with it.

If Citizen one sells Citizen two a weapon directly no straw purchase has been established. If Citizen two...say a year later ....sells Citizen three the weapon there is no straw purchase because the end transaction wasn't , by common sense, entered into with intent latent in the original transaction. If you shrink time between the transactions to one day or two however, then it would be likely seen as a straw purchase entered into by citizen two on behalf of citizen three. Depending on what becomes known or what may otherwise happen, some parties of the last transaction could do some jail time.
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Fri May 12, 2017 4:11 pm

Not relevant Robert.........

1) Robert tells me he wants to buy a firearm
2) I bid on that firearm and my bid is accepted.
3) I am the buyer because MY bid is accepted and I pay for it.
4) The seller will send the rifle to me - the buyer, because the paperwork is correct.
5) I register the rifle with the local Prefecture as mine.
6) Robert sends me the correct payment by PayPal.
7) I send the rifle to Robert and at the same time notify the prefecture that I have sold it on.

Simples!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Duncan

You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Fri May 12, 2017 6:04 pm

You buy a firearm owned by someone in one country while residing in a different country for someone in a third country and ship the weapon among the three countries. That's not what I'd call a straw purchase. I'd call that a hat trick. "Simples!"
Aughnanure

Post by Aughnanure » Fri May 12, 2017 8:26 pm

Down here it's a bit different, all sales must be through a licensed dealer or a club armourer and in some instances (such as distance problems etc.) through a police officer, but one may legally buy a long arm and lend it to a person who is appropriately licensed; there is no limit to the time of the loan.
As the recipient has no paperwork to go with the firearm the usual thing is for the lender to give the borrower a letter covering the loan.

We're just as simple :) :)
Self Defence is not only a Right, it is an Obligation.

Eoin.
ArchFluffy

Post by ArchFluffy » Fri May 12, 2017 10:30 pm

Can't wait for pics!

-ArchFluffy
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sat May 20, 2017 2:41 pm

Well, here it is in all it's glory folks. It's a very easy rifle to strip down although I left the bolt alone - just in case :roll: :roll: .
As you can see it is in excellent condition.......but no address under the butt plate :(

I am going to take it to the range on Wednesday so we can see how it performs and then IF AND WHEN my G11 arrives I can do a comparison between the 2. :cool: :cool:
Duncan

Niner Delta

Post by Niner Delta » Sat May 20, 2017 8:33 pm

That's a really nice looking rifle, someday I would like to shoot one of the straight pull rifles as I have
never tried one. The front sight adjustment is very clever, haven't seen that style before...... :D

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.