Swiss K11 carbine

The country that avoids war and the country that fights but has a hard time winning have been combined. The Swiss made some excellent firearms and the French made some unique and occasionally inspiring ones. We have added the Belgian and Dutch since they are neighbors.

Moderator: ArchFluffy

PeterN2

Swiss K11 carbine

Post by PeterN2 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:27 am

I still sometimes buy a milsurp rifle. I got this K11 a few months ago but just got round to taking pictures. It is in OK condition but has had a stock repair. The wrist was cracked and it was repaired with three wooden plugs on each side of the top tang. It shoots OK and the repair seems sound as it was done over 80 years ago and hasn't come loose yet. It came with an original sling and muzzle protector.
A few pics.
K11 full right.jpg
The crack ran to the trigger guard. The repair is very neatly done.
K11 action right.jpg
K11 action left.jpg
Regards
Peter.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Swiss K11 carbine

Post by Niner » Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:48 pm

As straight pulls go, the Swiss make the best ones I think. I have the K31 and when I could afford the ammo back when other ammo was a lot cheaper I enjoyed shooting my rifle. The gun won't kick nearly as much as that Mannlicher you have.
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: Swiss K11 carbine

Post by DuncaninFrance » Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:49 am

Looks very nice Peter. That's one on my bucket list! :D :D
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.