Mannlicher M95 carbine

The country that avoids war and the country that fights but has a hard time winning have been combined. The Swiss made some excellent firearms and the French made some unique and occasionally inspiring ones. We have added the Belgian and Dutch since they are neighbors.

Moderator: ArchFluffy

PeterN2

Mannlicher M95 carbine

Post by PeterN2 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:59 am

As well as the Swiss rifle, I also bought a Mannlicher M95 carbine in 8x56R at the same time from the same dealer. They were priced right so I knew I would regret it if I did not buy them. It is in nice condition and shoots well. It barks a bit with military surplus ammo but is not too bad to shoot. I will load some cast bullets for it in the future. This rifle and the K11 came in to the dealer from the same person who was giving up shooting due to age. He looked after his rifles well.
A few pics.
M95 full right.jpg
M95 action right.jpg
M95 action left.jpg
M95 action top.jpg
M95 full left.jpg
Regards
Peter.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Mannlicher M95 carbine

Post by Niner » Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:17 pm

Good to see someone is still adding to their battery of collectibles. The thought crosses my mind that with the oak looking stock this carbine may have been a carbine from the start. Lots of full rifle Mannlicher M95 rifles were cut down to carbine size and issued to secondary or support soldiers sometime around WWII. Many of the newly converted carbines seem to have been fitted with entirely new stocks and not cut down full rifle stocks. My carbine has a stock that is not oak but my long rifle has a stock showing a grain like oak, like yours. I think my carbine was a rebirth from a full rifle and completely restocked from scratch.

I have a Mannlicher M95 bayonet but it only fits either the rifle or the carbine. I can't find an old post I made about this so I guess it gives me an excuse to look for the bayonet and remind myself. I think it fit the rifle....off the top of my head.

And.... my memory was correct. The bayonet...private soldier issue...not NCO with curved quillon .. fits the rifle but won't fit the carbine that I own.
Attachments
DSC00388.JPG
DSC00389.JPG
DSC00390.JPG
rifles.jpg
PeterN2

Re: Mannlicher M95 carbine

Post by PeterN2 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:46 pm

I have a bayonet but mine does not quite fit the long rifle, but OK on the carbines.
Regards
Peter.