boards back 20 years ago

This is the forum for general Milsurp gun topics that don't fit some place else.

Moderator: Niner

Niner
Site Admin

boards back 20 years ago

Post by Niner » Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:08 am

I was looking through some old paper that really needs to be pitched and found some ezboard history. Ezboard was what this site and several others started off on. Ezboard, for good or evil, made people with little to no internet computer education at all instant webmasters and "owners". Well none of us were mastering anything and didn't own anything anymore than moss growing on a tree owned the tree. I found a couple of interesting history pages both from 2002. One is a message from a major ezboard site player for whom I was one of multiple "moderators" as a matter of information about how the board was going. The other is a 2002 message got relative to my then new 6th of the 31st board from ezboard.

Now days..... I am the owner. There is no cost to pay per view. There isn't any advertisement. There aren't any demands for money from some providing source. There aren't any posts or participation to speak of either..... :(
Attachments
img629.jpg
img630.jpg
img630.jpg (62.96 KiB) Viewed 184 times
PeterN2

Re: boards back 20 years ago

Post by PeterN2 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:05 am

I was looking some old photos from 2004 and noticed this one. It was part of the photo montage on the old Ezboard site. The people that own the cannon still fire it off at the start of the morning and afternoon sessions at the Trafalgar Meeting at Bisley every October.
TM04Cannon.JPG
Regards
Peter.