Artillery Regiment revolver WWI ....German

Forum for collectible handguns from whatever country.

Moderator: Niner

Niner
Site Admin

Artillery Regiment revolver WWI ....German

Post by Niner » Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:27 am

Item: ONSV23CWS056
IN STOCK

Original Imperial German Artillery Regiment Marked M1883 Reichsrevolver by Erfurt dated 1894 in Period Leather Holster - Serial 8240 l
Regular price$1,495.00
IMA advertisement this morning. Seems like they were used as WWI got underway but were replaced by the Luger with a smaller 9mm round and more powerful modern powder. The round fired in this "artillery" piece was a 10.6x25r, which was a round equal in bullet width to a Russian .44. The ammo hasn't been commercially made since the 1930's although there are some Russian Smith and Wesson reproductions pistols that are very similar being made today that some hobbiest buy and use. The modern reproductions are mostly, if not exclusively, fired with BP homemade bullets. Shell casings for the Russian pistols can be had for about 27cents a case in lots of a hundred or so. The Russian made bullet is slightly longer than the German round was... I read.

The IMA version is not exactly pristine. It's more of a "fair" in rating. Notice the ring that should go through the loop holder on the handle butt is missing and the finish on the thing is mostly gone with surface rust splotches.
Attachments
DSC08729.jpg
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: Artillery Regiment revolver WWI ....German

Post by DuncaninFrance » Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:25 am

I sold one for a friend last year.

This is the ad:

REVOLVER; REICH REVOLVER MODEL 1879, SIX SHOTS, ...

Reich revolver model 1879, also known as Trooper or Cavalry Model. Six shots, caliber 10.55 mm Round barrel with bead in the muzzle, with thunder sides, dated 1882. Frame stamped with S&S V.C.S.C.C.H. Suhl. ( A consortium of Sauer & Sons, V.C. Schilling and C.G. Haenel) Nickle plated. All matching numbers in very good condition for its age.
It has no military or state markings which would be seen next to the serial number on the LHS of the barrel so I think it is actually a Bank revolver. 1900€ + 25€ Colissimo Recommandé
Attachments
WEB Image.jpg
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Artillery Regiment revolver WWI ....German

Post by Niner » Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:41 am

I had forgotten about the one you posted about, Duncan. Seems like you did really good on the sale price for your friend. Don't see how IMA is going to sell the one they have at the asking price....but there are plenty of people with money burning a hole in their pockets and willing to depart with it.

https://milsurpafterhours.com/bb/viewto ... ver#p61101

Saw this sold list by a google.

https://www.barnebys.com/realized-price ... olver.html

Looks like evidence of WWI use made a lot of difference in the size of the bid received more so than condition.