The Yashica 270 auto focus from 1991

I started this forum for any collecting hobby and it turned into my camera collecting and using forum. I use it mostly to keep a record of my photo adventures. Nobody but me seems to have photo adventures that visit here....but however. I have so many cameras now that I forget which is which and which ones work and which ones don't. If you have cameras and adventures you would be welcome to post here.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

The Yashica 270 auto focus from 1991

Post by Niner » Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:09 pm

Got this camera months ago. First time I put a battery in it there were a multitude of things that didn't seem to work right so I put it away and forgot about it. Then the other day I picked up the camera bag it came in and started to fiddle with it. After trying different batteries and pushing things and opening things and generally trying to revive the dead....the information screen flashed on and I was in business again it seemed.

Today I put some film in it and after the camera strained a bit it decided to load the film and everything seemed to be back to life again. So...out to the park.

The Yashica 270 was also marketed in the US as the 230AF Super. The reason for this was that the model before it was the 230 and Consumers Report gave it all the stars and said to buy it. The Super or "270" was never really all that successful because by then Minolta and Canon were better AF camera makers in this segment.

This model has a auto focus assist with a button marked range that lets you narrow the distance down and give the auto focus a boost. In mine the auto focus needed all the help it could get. One good help was that if you had the camera in auto focus you could still adjust the focus without any auto focus brake on the lens. The auto focus sometimes worked fine and sometimes seemed to be asleep. The shutter button contact had some problems. Sometimes I had to hit the button a couple or three times before the shutter clicked. However, all the images were recorded and all the film advanced properly and the exposures of the images seem to be pretty close to right.
Attachments
DSC07057.jpg
DSC07064.jpg
DSC07068.jpg
img026.jpg
img020.jpg
img006.jpg
img018.jpg
img028.jpg
img029.jpg
img999.jpg