Contest entry for Lucky Gunner Ammo Co.

This is the forum for general Milsurp gun topics that don't fit some place else.

Moderator: Niner

spearedum
Leading Member

Contest entry for Lucky Gunner Ammo Co.

Post by spearedum » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:29 pm

I wrote this essay to send to Lucky Gunner for their contest:

25 yards was closer at 25 years
I paid my dues and entered the IRON SIGHTS indoor rifle range. Appearing at my station, I viewed my target 25 yards distance- and that’s what it was- Distant. At the age of 25 years- 25 yards is a throw-a-way, but it is a blurry paper twenty five miles down range. What happened in 49 years?
Remembering my Army rifle training, my closest target was 50 meters- then out to 400. 50 meters was like...next door- I could score with one eye closed. The targets would pop up from hiding, and drop when I hit them. 25 yards was half the distance- measuring from reality.
My eyes scorned reality, so 25 yards was beyond compression. I knew- 49 years- yada, yada, is it a 60 year illusion dysfunction? After 60 distances increases exponentially as a cosmic joke to kids?
OW- I’m awake. That pinch alerted the other shooters at the range. They thought, “This guy has a gun?
I am aware of reality, but I concentrated on the task at hand. In the army I used a rifle, but my Sig 357sig caliber was a pistol with a four inch barrel; ah- I will rein in the target to five feet. Come on, Dante’- you can spit that far! Alright- five yards.
My Sig Saur was made in Germany, and this was the first time I would fire the pistol; it worked great. I used the ammo I received from the Lucky Gunner and had a fun day at the range.

I hope you enjoined my essay;

Dante'
"We do not stop laughing because we grow old;
We grow old because we stop laughing!"

Objects in mirror are closer than they appear: DRIVE FASTER!!!
I found the mirror at a wrecked race car at California (AAA) Speedway
joseyclosey

Re: Contest entry for Lucky Gunner Ammo Co.

Post by joseyclosey » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:03 am

Good essay Dante. :D

Joe
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: Contest entry for Lucky Gunner Ammo Co.

Post by DuncaninFrance » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:20 am

Oh how the (old) mighty are fallen :roll:

That's why scopes are a necessity for me nowadays :loco:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.