Gun show time again

This is the forum for general Milsurp gun topics that don't fit some place else.

Moderator: Niner

Niner
Site Admin

Gun show time again

Post by Niner » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:03 pm

There is always a gun show this time of year in my town. Just came back. People packed the place at $7 a head. Whoever put on the show cleaned up on making money.

Not many C&R guns. Lots of civilian guns, black auto pistols, M15 automatic rifle clones, and assorted crapola of shirts with right wing nutball statements, custom and not so custom knives, signs, scopes, etc.

I was surprised that there were a number of SKS rifles of various sorts offered by one dealer and another at surprisingly high prices. A Russian SKS was for sale for $650 and Chinese and Comblock rifles were average of $475 each. The cheapest I saw was $399.

Ammo was generally high price and not as large a supply as in previous years. I was particularly looking for 7.62x25 pistol ammo since a friend said he had a hard time finding any anywhere. Sure enough, what used to be pretty plentiful as surplus at fairly cheap prices was about non existent. I did find one dealer that was offering surplus 7.62x25 for a ridiculous $40 for 80 rounds. Maybe.....if new gun regulations don't prohibit it... a new boat load of the stuff will come in before long.

I did see a handful of 91/30s here and there. The cheapest were being offered for $150. I did see a couple of old Turk Mausers with tags of $239. Looks like I'm going to have to re-evaluate my present milsurp inventory values.
aprayinbear
Regular visitor

Re: Gun show time again

Post by aprayinbear » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:01 am

I Hear You Niner :(

I remember as a kid going to our local gun show which was held in the area Reserve Armory. Walking into that place was like stepping back in time. Sure there were a few new firearms, but mostly you found milsurps and older antiques. Today we have 2-3 gun shows a year in town. Held at the civic center, the space is loaded with people, "black guns", the newest glocks, political garbage, jewelry, clothing and a table or two of interesting historical pieces. It used to be that "gun enthusiasts" were people interested in history, hunting or target shooting. Today people are stocking up for Armageddon. It's a little frightening and sad to me.

Keep the fires burning! :CAN: :GBR: :AUS: :FRA: :IRE: :NET: :SCO: :SWI: :NZ: :USA: