true story

This is the forum for general Milsurp gun topics that don't fit some place else.

Moderator: Niner

M14man
Sustaining Member

true story

Post by M14man » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:40 pm

My neighbor offered me the services of his 12 yr old daughter...

....and I said "OK".
Now get your mind out of the gutter and let me explain.
I lost my cell phone somewhere on my 5 acres and after looking for an hour came up empty handed. Just too many leaves on the ground. I grabbed my brothers cell phone, stopped home and mentioned to my neighbor about my phone. I also told him it was going to be rough since I just have to be on top of the phone to hear it, since I usually feel the vibrate. Thats when he offered me the use of his daughter. He said, "she has ears like a bat". Well she heard it on the third try, (phone would go to message after 5-6 rings). She was about 100 feet away when she heard it. I didn't hear it from 10 feet......
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: true story

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:56 am

Hope she got a big reward :D :D :D
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:04 pm

I don't think the girl had ears like a bat so much as she didn't have ears like an old bat. Us old timers have lost much of what hearing we were born with... particularly us veterans and us old gun nuts. And that goes double for old gun nut veterans.
Miller Tyme
Moderator Sponsor 2013,2014,2015

Post by Miller Tyme » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:16 pm

LMAO, my dad is that way, I can hear his cell phone ring from a 100 ft and he can't hear it even though it is in his shirt pocket. :lol:
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:19 pm

Your dad and I have a lot in common. I have to put my phone on vibrate and hope I notice it.
Aughnanure

Post by Aughnanure » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:04 pm

I keep my phone turned off all the time except when I want to use it.
Having been a wireless op for a time I have an aversion to being always 'on call'.

Being a veteran and an armourer I've got Industrial Deafness, I can hear the proverbial pin drop (linch pin :) ) but human voices are just a babble unless I'm directly facing the speaker. Hearing aids don't make any difference.
On the phone it's OK but I wear earphones to listen to TV.
Self Defence is not only a Right, it is an Obligation.

Eoin.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by Niner Delta » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:56 pm

Yes, I have "Artillery ears" like many others here. And once bought a "hearing aid compatible"
cell phone. What a joke, it whistled just as bad as any other, so I have to take the hearing aid out
to use any phone.

That was probably the same 12 year old I needed to program my VCR for me......... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.