Kinda true about Southerners

This is where you can share a funny story or joke. Adult humor allowed in large degree. Jokes that are considered more offensive than humorous will be deleted.
Niner
Site Admin

Kinda true about Southerners

Post by Niner » Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:54 am

I saw this on facebook and it's pretty much true but with a few exceptions that suggest the writer was only a visitor and not a "native".
BELOW ARE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW IF YOU MOVE TO THE SOUTH 😁😂🤣 #WednesdayWisdom y'all! #haveaniceday
1. A possum is a flat animal that sleeps in the middle of the road.
2. There are 5,000 types of snakes and 4,998 of them live in the South.
3. There are 10,000 types of spiders. All 10,000 of them live in the South, plus a couple no one's seen before.
4. If it grows, it'll stick ya. If it crawls, it'll bite cha.
5. Onced and Twiced are words.
6. It is not a shopping cart, it is a buggy!
7. Jawl-P? means: Did you all go to the bathroom?
8. People actually grow, eat, and like okra.
9. Fixinto is one word. It means I'm going to do something.
10. There is no such thing as lunch. There is only dinner and then there's supper.
11. Iced tea is appropriate for all meals and you start drinking it when you're two. We do like a little tea with our sugar. It is referred to as the Wine of the South.
12. Backwards and forwards means I know everything about you.
13. The word jeet is actually a question meaning, 'Did you eat?'
14. You don't have to wear a watch, because it doesn't matter what time it is, you work until you're done or it's too dark to see.
15. You don't PUSH buttons, you MASH em.
16. Y'all is singular and Y'all is plural. ( This isn't true where I come from on the Alabama coast. It's only plural.)
17. All the festivals across the state are named after a fruit, vegetable, grain, insect, or animal.
18. You carry jumper cables in your car for your OWN car.
19. You only own five spices: salt, pepper, mustard, Tabasco, and ketchup. ( on the coast you also have crab boil...just in case you want to boil some shrimp. It will work for crabs but shrimp is the usual thing.)
20. The local papers cover national and international news on one page, but require 6 pages for local high school sports, motorsports, and gossip.
21. Everyone you meet is a Honey, Sugar, Miss (first name), or Mr (first name)
22. You think that the first day of #deerseason is a national #holiday.
23. You know what a hissy fit is..
24. Fried catfish is the other white meat.
25. We don't need no dang Driver's Ed. If our mama says we can drive, we can drive!!!
26. You understand these jokes and forward them to your Southern friends and those who just wish they were from the SOUTH
AND one more:
27. Why did the chicken cross the road? To show that stupid possum that it CAN be done!
Here are a few things that maybe are just Old Mobile southernese that I took from my parents.

1. Rinse and Wrench are the same idea. As in "wrench" out a wet wash rag and wipe your water melon eating face.

2. On Christmas you pronounce the jolly elf as "Sanny Claws" not "Santa...".

3. God is not pronounced like a cod fish with a G. The word is pronounced in stead "Gawd".

4. On the who is and who isn't a southerner topic. In the South, back when there was both local newspapers and obituaries, if someone died it would be noted right off if they had been born in the local area, making them natives, or if they had been born someplace else. It didn't matter if the deceased was 85 years old and had lived in the city or town for 80 of those years....he was still not a full blooded member of the local tribe. He was forever an interloper and couldn't be elevated to the status of native by any means.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: Kinda true about Southerners

Post by Niner Delta » Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:29 pm

Good ones..... And #4 also applies to Arizona.

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:55 pm

That no.1 about the possum seems unlikely....however... it rings a bell with me. There was a photo in the local newspaper one time years ago of a possum, dead, in the middle of a road not far from my house. What was news worthy was that the road was being striped and the guys on the paint truck didn't bother to move the possum. It lay there with a white stripe down it's back. I drove by that way the next day and it was still there.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by Niner Delta » Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:51 pm

I just Googled "paint stripe over dead animal" and there are photos of every kind of animal you can think of
lying dead in the road with a paint stripe over it. Seems it is much more common than I thought. .... :roll: :shock:
Lazy stripe painters are everywhere. .... :lol: :lol:

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.