The holsters of the generic sort

Forum for collectible handguns from whatever country.

Moderator: Niner

Niner
Site Admin

The holsters of the generic sort

Post by Niner » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:46 pm

I've bought holsters at gun shows for pistols I have. Rather, actually, bought holsters that may or may not fit specific pistols I have.... but maybe fit something. I've been pretty lucky at this as I have an assortment of sizes of pistols as potential matches for whatever I bring home. The holsters are new generally and either leather standard police look or some kind of "modern" nylon. I like the leather better. Sometimes I've gotten lucky in finding former real issue holsters... and then also..... there are the holsters that come with the pistols... like the Nagants. Maybe I'll flesh this string out a bit if anybody shows any interest.

While fishing through my pistol stuff this post occurred to me. I was congratulating myself on how my Walther Manurhin PP in .32 fit perfectly the holster I assigned it. Them I picked up a near same size pistol...a Polish P64 9x18 and it fit pretty good too. No telling, but the maker was probably doing a one size fits some thing.

The Manurhin is more collectible in that it was made in France after WWII in what had been a Walther shop and under license to Walter.... in a French we hate Germans way probably. The P64 isn't my favorite 9x18 but dark sheep have families too.

Both of these pistols I have posted about in more detail before here.
Attachments
DSC06631.JPG
DSC06632.JPG
DSC06633.JPG
DSC06634.JPG
PeterN2

Re: The holsters of the generic sort

Post by PeterN2 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:24 am

I have a few holsters I have acquired over the years. I ought to take a few photos of them. One I have photos of is a holster that came with an old air pistol I bought many years ago. I am not sure what pistol it was originally made for.
Holster front.JPG
Holster inside.JPG
Holster rear.JPG
Regards
Peter.
PeterN2

Post by PeterN2 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:40 am

This is not a generic holster, but one made for the Webley MkVI revolver. I still have my Webley MkVI revolver, in full working order, but not allowed to take it to the range. I can have it as a collector's item only.
Holster front.JPG
Holster back.JPG
Holster maker name.JPG
Webley MkVI right.JPG
Webley MkVI left.JPG
Regards
Peter.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:52 pm

Here are a few more. Most are as would have been issued. Some are not. The differences in holster design are with different notions of function. Some .. most .. have an extra magazine holder. Some have cleaning rods. Some have covers with flaps with stays of some sort. Some not.

How they are fastened to web gear or belt is different. Some have wire attachments, most have fabric or leather belt loops. Some have a top strap that attaches to something. Most don't . The size of the weapon has a part in how the holster attachments look and are angled. The Civil War holster, reproduction, was made to place for cross body draw.
Attachments
Remington New Army
Remington New Army
Modern US military holster.  Has Molina 1911 in it.
Modern US military holster. Has Molina 1911 in it.
DSC02512.jpg
DSC02513.jpg
Spanish Star B  9mm
Spanish Star B 9mm
DSC02516.jpg
Czechoslovakian  CZ82
Czechoslovakian CZ82
DSC02518.jpg
DSC02521.jpg
M1934 Beretta
M1934 Beretta
DSC02522.jpg