Happy Thanksgiving

This is the forum for general Milsurp gun topics that don't fit some place else.

Moderator: Niner

Niner
Site Admin

Happy Thanksgiving

Post by Niner » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:12 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to all the guys in the US. I'll be frying some turkey in the back yard tomorrow. Hope everybody has a great time with family and friends.
Attachments
no_09_turkey.jpg
dromia
Moderator Emeritus

Post by dromia » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:04 am

Happy Thanksgiving to you Robert and to all our American friends, have a lovely day.

Remember and drink Scottish malt whisky, its the nearest you'll get to heaven during and after this life.

:bigsmile:

BTW that target looks as though that gobbler would be shot in the arse (parson's nose) if you scored a bull.
ImageImage
Karl/Pa.
Leading Member

Post by Karl/Pa. » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:51 am

Happy Happy everyone. We're off to my sister's in Baltimore (in the rain).
Karl

Medicare Life Member

Ban grated cheese. Make America grate again.
stripperclip
Leading Member

Post by stripperclip » Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:55 am

hope everyone has a good thanksgiving I have to work today but hey it's holiday pay so not to bad.
stripperclip
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Happy Turkey Day

Post by Niner Delta » Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:48 pm

May you all eat too much with the ones you love. It is 80 deg and sunny here in Tucson, we are going to relatives for dinner.

Vern.
:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Happy Thanksgiving

Post by Niner » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:42 pm

This is the earliest post I've made on frying turkey on Thanksgiving that remains. Not my best effort because of no photos of the process or detailed fine points of how to do it. In any case, tomorrow will be turkey frying day again and, I think, everything is ready for the effort. Notice in this string the three posts from former, often posting and moderating, members back in days of much site activity.......now long ago moved on to greener pastures.

At least, thankfully, Vern is still around.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:03 pm

Another success....no fires...no rain on the frying. Turkey done and juicy. Same tank of propane I've had for probably four years now. Frying turkey on Thanksgiving is the only time I need to use the tank. One thing.... the tank turns on left to open but the control valve turns right to open and left to close. I got the grease a little over 350 at one point and thought I was turning down the gas but was instead opening it up more. Oh well, I eventually figured out what was happening before the oil got too hot.

The hardest part of this feast is cleaning up afterward. More than one dishwasher load plus the hand wash things.
Attachments
DSC00458.jpg
DSC00463.jpg
DSC00459.jpg
DSC00460.jpg
DSC00467.jpg
DSC00471.jpg
DSC00478.jpg
DSC00475.jpg
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by Niner Delta » Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:52 pm

That turkey looks great. I have done that a few times and love the way it turns out. But now by myself
there is no way doing that again. Went to my cousin's house and we had turkey and all fixings, it was wonderful.
And they always send me home with leftovers and I don't have to clean anything up, it's a win-win for me.
Hope you all had a good day with families.

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:13 pm

My youngest brother... also single ....came and we made sure he had some of everything to take home too. Afterward he was heading over to our other brother's house...just to visit.